Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Korean class again take.

Tonight was the first night of Korean classes! I am now in "intermediate", but my teacher told us that it is actually beginner. Wow. Thanks a lot. At first, I was kinda hesitant in signing up for the class because Jeonnam University is so far from Ssangchondong. In the end, I was persuaded to just sign up, so I did. I'm easily swayed, plus I think it's beneficial for me to improve my Korean skills. I also love learning new languages, all the while being able to socialize during the week and get away from being a teacher and actually be the one being taught. It's a nice change of pace, definitely.

I have a new teacher and I'm not sure about him...I really want my old Korean teacher back! She was amazing! This new guy seems kinda all over the place, like he doesn't know what to do, how to teach, etc. Okailey said he looks like Mick Jagger, and I'd have to agree! The Korean version, of course.

I was quite confused throughout the class as to what we were supposed to be doing. Were we supposed to practice the dialogue? Oh, fill-in-the-blank? Oh, we have to do the next section, too? Oh, I didn't know. Wait, how do you do this?? You didn't explain anything! I think he'll get better as the classes go. At least I hope so!

I'm very happy that I signed up for the class! I was quite excited while we were in class! I learned about the word "who". haha

I don't have to teach tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday! I'm so happy! The students have their midterms, so I do NOTHING! I'm probably gonna finish reading my book. Hopefully that'll be OK! And then next week, I have a school picnic to look forward to! :)

2 comments: