Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Monday Monday

I don't like Mondays because I have to wake up early to go to school after two full days where I can wake up at whatever time I please (before noon). I refuse to wake up in the PM. Always AM. The other day I woke up at 11:58am. Still counts as morning to me!

At the end of last semester, my co-teacher said that I don't have to teach out of the book anymore. I was delighted and she knew it. Then today, she comes to my desk, "So we're starting Lesson 7 today?" I guess so...I will never be able to stray from this book!! But it's OK. The 2nd grade book is a lot better than the 3rd grade book. But still frustrating because I feel tied to the book. But then again, it helps me with lesson planning because it's already done for me. This has become a debate and you probably don't care. So the end about school.


Back to the my wonderful weekends of waking up late..but still in the morning. So Friday night, I had dinner with some of the August people. I'm glad I have integrated into that group because they're a bunch of wonderful people. After dinner, we headed to Crazy Horse for some drinks. The first time I went there, I don't think I liked it, but now I do! Well, only if friends are there. If not, it's pretty boring. Afterwards, we went to Mix, which I think is really boring now. The first time I went, it was fun, but it has been downhill ever since. I've given it many chances too. Then we went to Bubble Bar for a short time. I took a taxi home alone and when I was approaching my place, I was getting money out to get ready to pay. I realized I didn't have enough money. I asked the driver if a credit card would be OK and he said no and I said, Crap. I ran into the 7-11 and took some money out. Thank goodness it wasn't one of those times when you can't get money out of the ATMs. I paid the driver and he didn't even charge me for the waiting period. Oh Koreans, so nice.


Saturday, Okailey had a little shindig at her apartment. The turnout was larger than expected. We played King's Cup/Ring of Fire most of the time when the group was a bit smaller, and when more people came, we ended the game and just talked. Oh, I lost (or won?) the first game. I've never had to drink the King's Cup before. It wasn't that bad because we didn't mix much. We left Okailey's place around midnight to head to downtown. We went to Mix, which was packed, but I'm still bored there. Then we went to Crazy Horse which was empty. And Bubble Bar which was empty. Then we went to Lounge Skyy, which was not empty but not crowded. We had drinks and chatted. It was a good way to end the evening.



Sunday, I met up with Laurence to go to the Kimdaejung Convention Center for Art Gwangju. The art there was amazing. I loved almost everything that displayed and there were tons of pieces. The above photo is my favorite! There were definitely a lot of other things that were more aesthetically pleasing, but this one was just really impressive! The whole image was made out of trash. If you look closely, there are sandals, bolts, rusty cans, plastic bags, and the list goes on and on. I stared at it for so long. It was amazing. We browsed around for about 4 hours. I think I was able to see everything. All in all, a good weekend, but it's Monday now. On the bright side, fun events to go to this Saturday! And after this week and next week of teaching, it will be Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment