Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Love My Job

No matter how much I complain about my job, I really do love it. Deep down inside. Sometimes it crawls up to the surface though. Today was one of those days. Everything was great. And if it wasn't, I made the most of it. Can't live life any other way, right?

Today was the first day I had to teach with my new male co-teacher who was the replacement for my favorite co-teacher. My favorite co-teacher had taken over new responsibilities at her main school, so now, she's unable to come to my school to teach with me. This new co-teacher of mine is a new teacher. Newer than me! This is his first semester teaching in school; however, he has taught for a couple years (?) at an academy. His English is pretty good, so I'm happy about that. I asked him if he was ready for today and he said that he was nervous. I told him that he didn't need to be, that it'll be easy, and he doesn't really need to do anything. When we got into the classroom, you could not tell he was nervous, THANK GOODNESS! If the students take a whiff of any nervousness, you're dead meat. I think it also helps that he is a male, a little more intimidating than a woman, sadly. The classes I had with him went well. We did a lesson on giving advice today and I asked the new co if he had any problems he needed help with and to ask the students for help. He told them that he wanted to go to the movies with a date, but he doesn't have a girlfriend. One girl said to take me, and he said, "That's a good idea." hahaha That was part of the dialogue, but still! I would've been like, "hahah, no."

After our first class together, he told me that his impression of me was that I'm an expert at teaching. I was like, WHAAAAAA? No no no, I'm bad! But it was a really really really really good feeling to hear that from someone. I feel like the other co-teachers are always bashing me, so it was nice to have some positivity for a change.

After school, I was at the corner waiting to cross the street and I saw two of my students walking together. A boy and a girl!!! Sharing an umbrella. Awww! That was quite amazing! In school, my classes are separated by gender and even during lunch, the boys sit with the boys, the girls sit with the girls. I NEVER EVER EVER see boys and girls interacting. This particular boy and girl are actually a COUPLE! They spotted me and the girl covered her face and started squealing and running down the street in the drizzle, away from her boyfriend and the protective umbrella. It was the most hilarious thing ever!!! Can't wait to see them at school and make fun of them. :)

1 comment:

  1. nice to hear that your job is full of fun, exciting and cute stories!

    if only I could say the same about the bus schedules I interact with on an everyday basis!

    ReplyDelete