Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Half-way



Yesterday marked the 6-month mark!! I've been here in South Korea for half a year already!! It doesn't even seem like it has been that long. I feel like I've only been here for about a week or two!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a 6-day weekend. I'm still on it actually! We had a 6-day weekend because it is 추석, Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving. I spent my time in Seoul, did a lot of touristy things that I hadn't done before. I definitely fell in love with Seoul a lot more this time around. It's an amazing city!

Some things I did:

walking along the Chongyecheon River:


Leeum Museum:


walking along the Han River:


The Story of King Sejong Exhibition Hall in Gwanghwamun Square:



and not pictured: Insadong, and Uijeongbu (an hour subway ride outside of central Seoul, had decent vietnamese food there!).

I've definitely learned and grown a lot since I first arrived in South Korea. This is an amazing experience that I have been enjoying wholeheartedly and I can't wait to see what the next half-year has in store for me!

I hope to travel more throughout Korea and Asia in general. I also need to figure out whether I'm gonna renew my contract, move and teach elsewhere, or go back home. Oh decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment