Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My day of jimjilbanging

Today, we planned to go to a jimjilbang! It’s a public bath/sauna place. Eek! Nakedness galore! The boys and girls split up to go to our respective showering/locker areas. The girls opted out of the shower because we didn’t want to be naked with each other - too awkward. We then headed upstairs to check out what was there. The sexes have now mixed together; there was a food court, a PC bang, a kid’s play area, hot saunas, cold saunas, hot bricks, a TV, sleeping caves, a gym... It had everything you would need in a day and night. We went into the different hot saunas which had varying temperatures from hot to VERY hot! The not-so-hot ones were very relaxing. Some of them had rocks in there too, which proved to be too hot for skin contact. Some of them were so hot I couldn’t breathe. After I had spent time in a hot sauna, I would go into the icy sauna to cool down and dry my sweat! My mission for the day was to get a massage and I succeeded. Maggie and I went downstairs to the locker room area and there was a massage room. We waited for one lady to finish her FULL BODY massage – FULL..that means back AND front. Yes, front. Very awkward. She took forever to finish and it was my turn. I got my back done; it was painful; it was ticklish; it was wonderful! Maggie got a massage and it looked pretty good, and cheap! Only 10,000 won! Mine was 20,000 won, also cheap! I definitely wanna go back for some more massages! I wasn’t sure what to be expect from the jimjilbang, but it was a great experience and I’m sure I’ll be going many more times while I’m in Korea.

After the jimjilbang, we went to get some duck for dinner. It was more delicious than the first time Jarrod, Sonia, and I went to this restaurant. Mmm yum. Then we went to get some coffee at Rodem Tree Cafe. I had a green tea latte and it was VERY green. It was super delicioso. The café was on the second floor and I saw across into the other building that there was Fun Café. Then we realized later that it was a board game café! I’ve been wanting to go for weeks, but could never find one, but now we know where it is! Yes! Definitely gotta go and Scrabble it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment