Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIFriday

On Wednesday, we had an open demonstration on co-teaching. Basically, this means that a group of us English teachers go watch another fellow English teacher teach a class with her co-teacher. Then, there is a panel that critiques them. Then everyone fills out an evaluation. What the heck. This is supposed to teach us how to co-teach, but it just makes me feel weird. There’s a rumor going around that EVERYONE has to do this. I am MORTIFIED. I don’t want to do that! My classes definitely do not go as well as the demonstration I saw today. I’m gonna get ripped to shreds! I hope I don’t have to do it!

On the other hand, I’m doing fairly well in my Korean class, which I’m happy about. My teacher always praises me and it makes me feel weird….like, I want her to stop it. Haha, but it feels good that I’m doing well. Last night, she said in Korean, “Christina, you’re so smart!” and I just looked at her blankly because I didn’t know what she was saying. Imagine that! Someone telling you you’re SMART and you’re looking at them with a blank expression not knowing what the heck she is saying to you. Not very smart. Hahah

Today, after my first period (which is the class with the boys who always talk to me at my desk), the boys stayed after class to talk to me and one asked, “What is your blood type?” and I said, “I don’t know.” And he looked at me in disbelief! Like, “Are you crazy? How can you not know??” Then I explained that in America, not everyone knows their blood type, it’s not really important to know off the top of your head. He’s like “Ohh, OK, sorry.” Then I asked them all what their blood types are and there were 3 As and a B. I asked, what does A mean? And this one guy that works at the school, I’m not really sure of his position, but I think he’s important, he said, “Silent.” And I said, “What? This guy is NOT silent!” and his friends laughed. After class, the boy also said, “Learn English fun today” and I said, “Learning English was fun today?” and he said, “yeah, fun. F-U-N.” I’m having such a great day today. Looking forward to the weekend. I’m going to Seoul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment