Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cherry blossoms! ... fail.



I woke up today and it was certainly too early for me to meet up with the gang already. I didn’t wanna just sit around my apartment all lonely, so I decided to do something. I was gonna walk around my area to see what was around me, maybe find some cool shops or street food vendors. I stumbled across a little hill and decided I wanted to hike it…even in my heeled boots. Whatever, I want to see what’s there. I go and some women looked at me all strangely, but I was wondering, Korean girls dress up all the time. However, they don’t go hiking, so they may have a point in their minds. I didn’t care though. It wasn’t much of a hike anyway. On my way down, some man was talking about me, I assume, and he laughed and looked at me. Stupid man.

Then I walked some more and saw a sign that said “World Cup Stadium”. Yeah, I’m gonna walk there. I start my stroll, see some markets and some leggings along the way. I finally reach it after what seems like a lifetime. it was really nice! They have a whole bunch of trees, but they’re naked right now because of the cold weather, so when it warms up a bit, the trees are gonna look amazing when they’re all bloomed. It’s gonna be amazing. The gang talked about going to see a baseball game, so I’m really excited for that! I took some photos and then headed back to my place because I didn’t know exactly how long it took me to get to the World Cup Stadium and I didn’t want to be late meeting my friends. I timed myself using the timestamp on my pictures and the unofficial time is half an hour. It took me longer to get to the stadium from my house because I was taking my time and venturing through alleys to see what was there. no Okailey :( She had told me she was gonna come early, but she wasn’t there even after half an hour of waiting. Boo, I spent the day and night without her.
When I got home, I ate some lunch and other random things and then took a taxi to the designated meeting place. Got there and Joe and Doug were there. We talked for a little bit and then Laurence came. Then more and more and more and more people came. But
Once everyone got there, we started talking about our cherry blossom plans. Of course no one knew where it was, so we just winged the entire day.



First, the lunchless ones had some lunch at E-mart while others sat around and chatted or shopped. After lunch, the boys went to buy a ball and the girls looked at purses and cosmetics. When the boys descended with their new basketball, we headed to the memorial park across the street. Some people played HORSE and the rest of us sat around and talked. While at the park, we attracted lots of attention from people, even a paparazzo with a huge camera taking photos of us. We are mini-celebrities in Korea. I only get this treatment when I’m with my friends though because obviously I am not totally foreign looking. Some little girls were watching them play HORSE and some students even appeared at the park. Helen’s students were excited to meet her “handsome” boyfriend too!

After the kids played HORSE, some people decided that they were going to head home while others wanted to stay out. I would be part of the latter group, and we went to a coffee shop after a 15 minute shopping session at E-Mart. We had drinks and had some conversations and then it was time to go. We parted ways, but Jarrod, Sonia, and I spontaneously decided to go meet up with some Sonia’s building mate and her friends, who are also English teachers. We had dinner and then headed to a restaurant/bar called The Pump. The décor was great and the staff was great as well. The people we were with are friends with the owner and employees and told them that we three were new to the place and that we wanted to see him blow the longest fireball in Korea. He was very kind and told us that he would do it when he had spare time. He did it and it was so cool! He did it so fast that I couldn’t get a photograph to show you guys! But definitely coming back to this place in the near future.
After this place, we went to BUBBLE BAR! My first REAL experience with Bubble Bar. We stayed there for HOURS. We danced and danced, but the DJ was sucky, so we left at around 2am or later. Jarrod and I shared a taxi and the driver scared me! He was snippy with me and I did not appreciate it. I got home and had to deal with my clogged up toilet. UGH. This is the second time!!! Okailey threw some toilet paper into the toilet and it made my restroom flood once again. Not okay. Plumbing sucks here. tomorrow, I meet with the “head of the English teachers” (or whatever her title is) and her family for a day of excursion! I wonder where they’re taking me!

No comments:

Post a Comment