Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

One Hundred

As of yesterday, I have been in Korea for 100 days!!! I can't believe it! It's gone by so fast. I'm almost one-third of the way through with my contract. Now the question is whether or not I want to renew for a second year. I'm still undecided.

So, on my 100th day here, I had to teach only 2 classes and then I had Korean class afterwards. It was graduation day! But let me rewind to my test. My test was on Tuesday and I was the first to go. I wasn't too worried about it, but I was still nervous. During the test, I blanked out on several words. I just couldn't remember them for the life of me. I couldn't remember the word for SWIMMING. Then right after I left the classroom, I remembered it! I was kicking myself for it. Su-yong! DUH! I didn't do incredibly well, but I think I got at least 80%. So graduation day...first all the Korean classes gathered in the auditorium for a short closing ceremony and of course a group photo. Then we went back to our regular classrooms for a little graduation cermeony. Our teacher, Song Mi, called out our names and we went up to receive our certificate. It is a pretty official certificate in a folder and all. We had all pitched in a couple thousand won to get her a gift. We gave her a card, cake, and flowers. She was so shocked, it was great! Then she made a little speech and she's the sweetest little thing ever!

After that, a few of us went to get dinner and everyone else went to Tequilaz. After dinner, we headed over there and Song Mi was there! I didn't think she was going. She left early and she was saying bye to everyone. She is so adorable! She told me that I'm a really good student and that she loves me among other things. How cute is that?? When does your teacher ever tell you that they love you?? I love her!!! :)




My coteacher and I had planned to celebrate my 100th day, but since I had my Korean graduation, we postponed until the day after, my 101st day! We went to ddeok galbi street and ate none other than ddeok galbi! It was DELICIOUS!!! I'm not sure if I had eaten it before, so I consider this my first time. I want to eat it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment