Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

I've got more Seoul

This past weekend, I went to Seoul again with the usual: Okailey, Sonia, & Jarrod. The main reason for our trip was for the Usher concert! We were all very excited to go!! Anyways, Okailey & Sonia went early Saturday morning at 7am. Jarrod and I wanted to have a little bit more sleep, so we met at the bus station at 9. When we arrived, we tried to find the hotel we were staying at the the other had booked earlier that morning, but it was hopeless. We couldn't find it, so we gave up and met up with Mykie and Justyna. Their friend that they had met while living in Australia owns a pub in Seoul so we went there. It's a nice little underground place whose decor is influenced by everything Indian. We ordered in some Chinese food and watched a bit of a Bollywood film. Then we went out for a walk around the city.


This is us on the subway on our way to see Usher Usher!




Look at our differing styles! You can probably guess how we are!











Finally Okailey came to fetch us and we went to the hotel together. We got ready and went on our way to see Usher! I had done some research beforehand on how to get to this place and I was almost certain on how to get there. Okailey had searched as well, but we had differing directions. I don't know why, but we went with my directions. If you know me, you know how terrible I am with directions. Give me the choice of left or right and I will choose the wrong one 95% of the time. This was no exception. We ended up at the wrong venue. There were 2 other people there as well, so I didn't feel that horrible that I led us astray. So, after we realized it was the wrong place, we took a taxi to the REAL place. The taxi drove us all the way to the OTHER side, so we had to run about 2+km to the actual place.


We were late but we still got to see Usher and all his sexiness. He closed the show with "OMG" and I definitely had to stand up and dance. I didn't get many photos because I was enjoying the show and the photos I did get are blurry! I need to see Usher and the next show he plays in Los Angeles! Who's with me?? haha

After the show, we went to have some dinner, then Sonia and I went back to the hotel while the other two crazy kids went out for some clubbing! I went to sleep; I am an ajumma.


Then Sunday, we began with a nice brunch at a coffee shop down the street called One Tree Hill, just like the show! hahah We had pancakes and they were fairly delicious! Then Okailey went to Itaewon to get her hurr did and the rest of us went to M Plaza to do some shopping! I only bought a couple things and failed to buy anything for my mother. Then Jarrod and I went home around 5; the others stayed til 930 and got home around 130. They just couldn't leave Seoul. It is a completely different world compared to Gwangju. It is so lively; the energy there is just different. I enjoy it but it's nice to live in a calm, quiet area.

It was a good weekend to go to Seoul because this week is finals week for the students! I have never been so happy for finals! No classes to teach; no lessons to plan (unless I wanna plan in advance). Friday, I have to "teach". I'm just gonna show a movie. The following week, I'll probably do the same or have a fun lesson. Not sure which one yet. I'm gonna ask my co-teachers for their advice. Let's see if they're any help! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment