Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Foreigner vs. Koreans

Friday night was quite eventful. First, there was a gathering at Austin & Mesa's apartment which was really fun. Their apartment is HUGE and adorned with freaky mannequins, including one in the bathroom which can come as quite a shock your first time there. Good conversation, good company. The Usual left around 2am and headed to downtown. We went to Mix Lounge and were waiting for our other friends to come. They took quite a while but eventually made it. We went to the rooftop and were just talking and people watching when all of a sudden, a fight broke out between a stupid foreigner and an equally stupid Korean (and his friends). I don't know why it started, but I'm sure it was a stupid reason. I've never been in a situation like this before, so I wasn't able to foresee what I was gonna do next, which was step in between the two feuding groups and try to stop it. I was banking on the assumption that these guys would not hit a girl. Quite a risky move in Korea but I was thinking in American. I held back this little Korean guy who obviously had five too many plastic surgeries on his face (probably the result of instigating fist fights at bars). I kept telling him "aniyo! NO! stop!" etc. I was pretty successful. At one point I let him go because he was calm and was talking to the manager of Mix (who wasn't doing ANYTHING! except what is in his job description: looking pretty). Then the foreigner was going mad crazy and I got in front of him when he was in the process of lunging towards the stupid Korean who had begun to run his mouth. I held this foreigner by his two arms holding him back. He was about a foot taller than me so he was able to have a clear view of this stupid Korean. I was talking him out of it and he agreed with what I had to say but he said, "Can't you just let me get him one time. He's just right there..." and I was like, "NO! Just go home." Eventually the girl he was with made him leave but not without the trailing Koreans. Someone else attempted to stop them and eventually just left with them. We stayed on the rooftop for several minutes and then decided to leave as well only to find the Koreans and the foreigners (who were also trying to stop the fight) right outside. They were fine; eating, apologizing, talking. Then the stupid Korean had one of the foreigner's phone and would not give it back. This stupid Korean was just looking for a fight. Anyway, I tried to get the phone from the guy, but he's stupid. Then Sonia dug her nails into his hand and eventually got the phone. They were causing a scene and after we got the phone, we decided to just walk away and get away from it all, but these dumb Koreans wanted to follow. We go down the road and who do we see at the intersection? None other than the first foreigner who was going at it with the stupid Korean. I don't know what happened there cuz we decided to leave it completely or someone was gonna get deported. I got home around 630am that morning. It was horrible. The following night, we went back to Mix. No fight this time. Oh yeah, I also watched Eclipse. It was actually a good movie!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Twilight and New Moon. Like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better! Jacob vs. Edward, it's just like foreigners vs. Koreans. OK, not really...just trying to relate my subjects together...

No comments:

Post a Comment