Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF!

The dinner with my coteacher and the HOTET wasn't too bad. She was bearable. She had a list of things to talk to me about. She gave me some teaching tips and told me of some upcoming things that I'm gonna have to do at school, like "interviews". I'm gonna have to talk to the kids! If they can hold a conversation with me, then I give them some sort of certificate. I'm actually quite excited for it. I would like to talk to these kids more on a one-on-one basis, but that is simply impossible in our regular classes with 40 students in each class. So this is gonna be great, though I'm only going to be talking to about 40 students...whoever signs up to do this. I don't have to do all 900+ students, but I wouldn't mind!

In other news, it is World Cup season and if you don't already know, soccer is one of Korea's loves. Koreans live and breathe soccer! I watched their first match at a bar in downtown, Speakeasy. It was pretty good. I've never watched so much soccer in my life. I just never got into it, which is strange because I love all types of sports. Korea beat Greece in that match, 2-0. After that, we went to Bubble Bar for some dancing. I was gonna go home around 2 am, but somehow ended up back at Speakeasy for the USA-England match at 3am. I got super sleepy, so I left at halftime to sleep!

Last night was the Korea vs. Argentina game. I had Korean class but we were let out early because of the game. My teacher was so funny; she was like, "Class is over!!" and then she started rushing to pack up her things and she stormed out of the classroom! Koreans love their soccer, I tell you. Anyways, I watched the game at Jeonnam University, which is where my Korean class is. The game was projected onto a white screen and there were A LOT of people there to watch the game. Lots of lit up red horns and red shirts. When Korea made their first and only goal, everyone simultaneously stood up and started cheering. It was an amazing thing to experience! Such national pride!

I am so glad it is Friday. The week was pretty good; my classes went well. I need to learn how to manage my time in class. We always run out of time for the game. Well, actually, we just have too little time for the game. Class always ends very soon into the game. It's a shame because I really want the kids to play! I really like my students SO much! They keep me wanting to go to school! I hope I keep them wanting to go to school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment