Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

HOTET Hate

Sooo, y'all already know that I don't like the HOTET. Well, last Thursday, she came and hijacked my after-school-class when I still had half an hour left. I guess I didn't mind; it meant I didn't have to teach. haha Anyways, she talked to them for the remainder of the class and I didn't understand a word she said, but a couple students nearby told me that she was talking about how summer school would be working. Something about a night class and a day class...4 hours a day...I'm still not sure and the HOTET hasn't even told ME anything. But I have dinner with her today, so maybe she'll inform me about my work schedule. That would be nice..the teacher knowing before the students. Oh, only in a perfect world. Anyways, after she talked to them, she talked to me and said, "Sorry, but I have to check your class because the principal has been complaining about the high number of absences." Then she said that my satisfaction rate is 20%. I asked her, "What does that mean?" and she said, "Well, the total is 100%." Oh, really? I didn't know that, you freaken moron. Then I asked, "What is it based on?" and I think she said the students or something...because they want more games. Blah blah blah. I already know that. In Korea, you're not supposed to talk back to people higher than you, but since I am already not fond of her, I did, but in the most polite way I could possibly do it. I said, "You have to understand that the material you give me is REALLY boring. REALLY. BORING." Then I had a packet that I was teaching that day and I pointed to it, "This is REALLY boring. I get bored! I would rather not teach this stuff, but I have to because you guys said I have to." Then more blah blah, and I said, "Tell me how to make this fun" and I handed her the packet. She looked at it for a good 30 seconds in silence. Then I said, "Yeah, it's really boring." Then she said, "Well, like I said, you can use more pictures." Oh great, the solution to all my problems - pictures. Yes, that'll do the trick, I'm SURE. Ugh, she's such a know-it-all and I hate people like that. It's so annoying. We'll see how dinner goes tonight. EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment