Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Unbelievable

Visa: check. Airfare: check. Guidebooks: check. Going away dinner: check. Luggage: half-check. It still hasn't hit me that I'm moving to Korea for a year. It has been almost 6 months since I first applied to teach abroad. You'd think it would've hit me by now! I leave in just a measly 3 days and it still hasn't settled into my brain that I'm moving to a foreign land 9,500+ km (I should get used to the metric system now) away from familiarity. Not just visiting, MOVING. For a YEAR! It is just simply unbelievable. I don't know ANYTHING about Korea. Well, I've learned a few things in the past couple weeks, but other than that, it's a complete mystery to me, and that is part of its appeal, I suppose. But it is also making me feel uneasy and maybe even second guessing myself. I don't know what to expect while in Korea. Am I making the right decision? Will I like it? Will the people like me? Will I make friends? How will I be as a teacher? How am I going to survive in a land where I don't speak the language? Will I pick up the language? If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that this is going to be one heck of an adventure. Not completely sure if I'm ready for this, but I have to go for it and give it all I've got. First stop is Seoul for orientation! Wish me luck!

P.S. Thanks to everyone who made it to my farewell dinner! It really meant A LOT to me, even if you only stayed for 15 minutes! It really made my night, and hopefully the rest of my year too! I love you guys!! :)

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment