Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Seoul Exploration






So last night, I went out to explore the city for the first time. My roommate and I have been cooped up in this institution (educational, not mental) and we thought that night would be the night to get outside of these walls. We had unsuccessfully "tried" to go out the previous night, but we decided to study the Korean alphabet, which proved to be beneficial and successful since I am now literate in Korean!! Though I am a little rusty with the "complicated" vowels, I am SO proud of myself! I can pretty much read any sign around the city but it may take me a wee bit longer than someone more advanced than I. So, my roommate and I finally made it out to wander around. There are a lot of little streets packed with tons of people and neon signs. It's really nice!!! I'll try to post a picture here so y'all can see. But anyhoo, another orientation goer came with us and we ended up at a place called Kool Cat Cafe (I think). I tried Cass beer, which was pretty light but not too bad. Then some other foreigners came and of course, they were seated next to us and we all became friends!!! It was a great first night out on the town. I hope for a few more before orientation ends and I leave Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment