Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

MARCH ON

major rewind part III

First off, SORRY about my blog - I just don't wanna put in the time and effort to format it correctly. It's a bit annoying though because I hate looking at it when it's not neat, but I guess I just won't look at it. Or I'll fix it later. (EDIT: it's been FIXED!!)

March
The Korean school year starts March 1st, so....I was back to school! My 2nd graders became my 3rd graders, my 1st graders became my 2nd graders, and my 3rd graders were long gone. It was nice to see my new 2nd graders though because I didn't get to see them much during the previous school year. My new 3rd graders were still brats for the most part, especially the boys. The girls were a lot better, of course.



I finished teaching on March 25th and all my students were so sad! Well, the ones that actually liked me, anyway. They were saying, "Don't go! Why go America? Good teacher! No go!" Some of them even gave me gifts and letters! They're such sweethearts. I do miss my good students.

Damyang with the Girls


Okailey, Sonia, Shirlen, and I went to the Damyang Bamboo Forest because Shirlen had never been there before and there is nothing else to do when visitors come to Gwangju. We had a pleasant stroll through the beautiful greenness and I just enjoyed spending time with the girls before I left Korea for good!

Ann's Birthday // My Last Weekend in Gwangju



Amidst the routine nights-out in Downtown Gwangju, we had a night out for Ann Lau's birthday, which also happened to be my last weekend in Gwangju. Actually, I planned it that way. I wanted to be in Gwangju to celebrate her birthday, so I stayed a few days longer. It worked out great though because I was able to stay in my own apartment - I originally thought I had to sleep over at a friend's.

For Ann Lau's birthday, we went to that famous outdoor galbi restaurant again but it had remodeled drastically and the menu wasn't even the same. It was a completely different restaurant, haha. But we ate there anyway! Then we went to German Bar and Soul Train, y'know, the regular spots. I had such an amazing time just being around all the friends that I had made in that short year I was in Korea. I am so so grateful to have met them. They all really do have a unique place in my heart. They made my experience in Korea that much better than if I didn't make any friends at all. I definitely made some friends for life.


Jirisan

Maggie is definitely one of the friends that I met while in Korea that I will keep for life. She is such a sweetheart and I love her to death! I asked her to go hike Jirisan with me. I had never been there before and I love me some hiking, so I really wanted to get in one more mountain before I left Korea. I didn't do as many peaks as I would've liked, but it's OK! I actually lost all my Jirisan photos - I don't know where they all went!!! So, now I must steal Maggie's photos.

Then, after all this fun stuff, I packed up my things and left my tiny apartment. It was the 2nd time my place was actually CLEAN. The first time was when I moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment