Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I'm back in California now. As of 5 days ago, Saturday, June 4th, 1130am. Kirstin came to pick me up and as we were riding in the car, I exclaimed, "WHAT AM I DOING HERE????!! WHY AM I HERE??????" It's so weird being home. It's boring too. I haven't seen many friends yet though, I think that may be why. I've been spending time with my mom, driving her around, going to the market, going shopping, eating dim sum, etc etc.

We went to get dim sum the other day and I had to use the toilet, so I went. There was a bit of a wait even though there was one stall open. I asked the girl in front of me what was wrong with that one and she said, "I don't know...I just don't think the toilet paper is clean." And I thought..."Okk...at least there IS toilet paper!! In SE Asia, you have NO toilet paper. You'll be lucky if you get a hose to spray your butt with!" Oh man, reverse culture shock.

4 comments:

  1. welcome back home! can't wait to hear about your exciting new adventures at home...!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mark! i think you're the only one i ever get comments from, hahah. i also forgot to thank you for your postcard when i was in korea! it didn't get lost in the mail! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am the only one who comments on your blog, haha. but glad you got the postcard! do you want one from NYC? I know you've sent me one from there in the past...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait... you're in new york? for how long?

    ReplyDelete